If you're thinking about exploring the world of React, I'm excited for you. Whether it's to determine if you want to use it on a regular basis or to build a side project, there's lots of opportunities to dive into this language and understand whether it jives with you.
For those starting out and/or looking for tutorials & courses, here's a list of resources to help you.
- React How-To
- In this one-page guide created by one of the original members of the Facebook team that built React, Pete breaks down how to tackle the React ecosystem.
- React For Beginners
- Created by Wes Bos, this thorough tutorial is worth it. In this 29 video series, you build a real-time app for a trendy seafood market including an order form and inventory management section. He also includes connecting the app to Firebase. I can't recommend Wes enough for his excellent teaching style and thoughtful approach in putting content together.
- Frontend Masters
- Building Modern Web Apps: In this course, you will build a one-page web app implementing OAuth using Github's API.
- React w/ Introduction to Flux Architecture: Ryan Florence takes you through building a web app, including exercises in Flux & routing.
- Complete Introduction to React: This workshop is coming up on March 24th & 25th and looks to cover a lot of really great topics including testing, redux and lifecycle methods.
I hope that helps you get started. Have fun learning React!